Vuoden peli -voittajat vuodelle 2012 on valittu:
- Vuoden lastenpeli 2012 on Halli Klack (Lautapelit.fi)
- Vuoden perhepeli 2012 on Blitz (Competo)
- Vuoden aikuistenpeli 2012 on Paris Connection (Competo)
Lastenpelisarjan muut finalistit olivat Mato Mato (Competo) ja Rapido (Tevella). Perhepelisarjassa finaaliin pääsivät Enigma (Competo) ja Africana (Lautapelit.fi). Aikuistenpelisarjan finalisteja olivat Airlines Europe (Competo) ja Kingdom Builder (Lautapelit.fi).
Lautapeliopas onnittelee voittajia!
Finnish Game of the Year awards for 2012 were awarded today by Suomen leluyhdistys. The winners and finalists are:
- Best children’s game: Halli Klack (Lautapelit.fi). Finalists: Mato Mato (aka Da ist der Wurm drin; Competo), Rapido (HaPe International).
- Best family game: Blitz (aka Geistesblitz; Competo). Finalists: Enigma (Competo), Africana (Lautapelit.fi).
Best adult’s game: Paris Connection (Competo). Finalists: Kingdom Builder (Lautapelit.fi), Airlines Europe (Competo).
The winners were chosen by a jury from candidates submitted to the competition. Publishers can submit their games in any category they wish. Jury decides the finalists and then jury decides the winners with representatives of retailers.
This year marked a break in the pattern. Lautapelit.fi had won the best adult game for five years in a row, but now Competo managed to grab the first price, despite competing against Kingdom Builder. Competo continued their good run in the family game category, having now won five of the last six awards (Lautapelit.fi won with Dixit in 2010). One winner this year was Queen Games, with two finalists in adult game category (not three, as I originally claimed here: Airlines Europe is of course by Abacus). Another winner is yours truly, who translated seven of the nine finalists and all winners in Finnish…